In 2019 a record number of students all over the globe organized a climate strike in over 100 countries to protest the climate inaction. The youth are fighting for the future of our planet even though they didn’t have any input in all the damage that was done to the climate.
Since teachers are in the business of molding young minds they’re best positioned to shape behaviors of future generations that might have the biggest impact on the fight against climate change.
Ways to take action
- Support student actions or walkout protests on climate change.
- Talking about climate change at school could open up constructive discussions and help students understand the complicated issues easier.
- Start or work in a school garden.
- show a movie or assign a book that addresses climate change.
- Join forces with other teachers, groups or organizations that focus on climate.
- Educate yourself to understand the challenges of climate change and get comfortable to talk about them in the classroom.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes